The mission of Expect Hope is to provide a supportive residence for expectant women while they build self-sustainable lives founded on faith in Jesus Christ.
The vision of Expect Hope is to see mothers who choose life for their unborn children raising them in the knowledge of God, living independently and established in the love and power of Jesus Christ.
LIVES ARE BEING ENDED
· New York City is the abortion capital of the nation with 37% of all viable pregnancies ending in abortion. Consequently, New York has the highest abortion rate of the entire United States.
· The Bronx has the highest abortion rate of all five boroughs. Every child conceived in the Bronx has a 45% chance of being aborted.
· In the zip code in which Expect Hope is located, more children are being aborted (52%) than born.
COMMON REASONS WOMEN HAVE ABORTIONS
· Lack of economic stability
· Cannot afford a child
· Unreadiness to parent
· Lack of support from partner
· Poor relationship with father of child
· Responsibilities to other children or family members
EXPECT HOPE PROVIDES AN ALTERNATIVE TO ABORTION BY MEETING THESE NEEDS
· Unsupported, expectant mothers have housing until their child turns two years old.
· Residents complete 12 life skills classes preparing them for independent living.
· The job placement program prepares and assists residents in finding employment.
· The mothers have access to free, onsite childcare while gaining work experience.
· Staff members and mentors provide continual physical, emotional, and spiritual support.